It was 2001. Microsoft was only present in the PC world, and it was launching into manufacturing a controller to counter the Sony PlayStation. Twenty years later, Xbox is more than ever in the video game scene and is a formidable competitor with the Xbox Game Pass. Today, the brand announces this year’s schedule with the hashtag # Xbox20 and a series of celebrations until November, when the first Xbox was launched.
Xbox has already started turning 20
The first Xbox was launched on November 15, 2001 in the United States, and Microsoft has already released four generations of consoles since then with 7,000 games. Today, some games from the first Xbox can be played on the latest Xbox Series X and S thanks to backwards compatibility software, which is a long way off that demonstrates Microsoft’s intentions to put the gamer at the center of its strategy and to break down barriers.
If there is one legendary game that cannot be separated from Xbox, it is Halo. The famous Master Chief arrived to save the world twenty years ago and this year Halo Infinite might have a very special flavor.
Six months of celebration until November 15, 2021
Microsoft today announced the start of the program that will celebrate 20 years on Xbox. Not everything has been revealed yet, but below you will find the first items that were connected.
- Launch hashtag # Xbox20. You can use it on social media to share your favorite Xbox moments, stories, friendships, achievements …
- New products can be ordered at Equipment store With other “Xbox 20” lids, mugs and T-shirts.
- Xbox 20 wallpapers can be downloaded from This page.
- Xbox fanfest recording was turned on This page.
- A new Gamerpic “20 Years” is available in addition to the “Origin” theme in the Gamers Profile. The dynamic “The Original” theme is available on the Xbox Series X and S.
- A selection of the greatest Xbox games to feature in its history are available at This page. There are also home games like Halo, Gears, or Fable, but there are also games from other publishers like Mass Effect, Skyrim, or Call of Duty.
Xbox says there are a lot of other events, games, and equipment planned throughout the year, and more surprises planned for the coming months. The next big meeting is undoubtedly the Xbox E3 2021 conference which will definitely be special!
“Incurable web evangelist. Hipster-friendly gamer. Award-winning entrepreneur. Falls down a lot.”