The first beta version of Windows 11 has arrived. After an official presentation a few days ago, Microsoft presents the new version of its operating system on a tray. It’s currently a preview, but it’s fully functional. Here’s how to download it.
The rumors were true: The first version of Windows 11 just arrived On Monday 28th June. Available as a free download, you only need to be a member of the Windows Insider Program to access it. It is very simple and open to everyone. At the time of writing, version 22000.51 has been released as an update of Windows 10. The ISO files are not yet available, but it is very likely that they will be available in the next few years. days.
The respective version allows you to learn about some of the major new features of Windows 11. It includes the new placement of taskbar buttons, rounded edges of windows and even widgets, which let you see the news and weather at a glance from a window displayed to the left of the window. We also make use of other new features, which were not present in the version leaked earlier in the month.
File Explorer gets a partial facelift, since the ribbon is lighter and no longer uses the tab system as it has since Windows 8. A new contextual menu has also appeared, with rounded edges and showing the most popular tasks in priority. In addition, Notification and Action Center It is now divided into two parts.
Finally, the latest but not least: Windows 11 now has a new Settings app who underwent a huge plastic surgery, as I did Microsoft Store.
How do I download Windows 11 beta?
To access the operating system, nothing could be simpler:
- Visit the Windows Insider site to sign up for the Test and Update Program.
- Otherwise, since then Windows 10, you can also press the keys [Windows] + [I] To access the app Settings.
- day meeting Updates and security, then press Windows Insider Program
- push the button Begins, then choose a Microsoft account. Click on +. You are now a member of the Windows Insider Program
- After restarting your computer, go back to the application Settings, then press Updates and security. Stay on the tab this time Windows Update.
- Click Check for updates.
The download and installation of Windows 11 can then begin. However, keep in mind that this is a preview. It is not necessarily very stable and some functionality is still missing. As usual, we strongly advise you to install it on a secondary computer, or on a second hard drive or partition of your primary computer.