Salted 299,000 thighs • nine from Florence

Salted 299,000 thighs • nine from Florence

Florence, April 16, 2021– Kala, no ProduceFrom PDO Important Tuscan: According to the data provided by the certification body IFCQIn 2020, there were 299,000 salted stems, which is 16% less than in 2019, when there were 357,000 salted stems. This difference is mainly related to the state of health emergency
Covid-19: Prosciutto Toscano PDO, in fact, was greatly affected
Contraction of ho.re.ca., Which is punishable by closures, and downturns, especially in the early months of the epidemic, from Cutting seat. In 2020, the Consumer turnover Registered by the PDO Important Tuscan strip – are 20The Companies associated with the consortium, With 1500 direct employees And others 2,500 associated workers– It was almost 46 million euros.

The decrease compared to 2019, when the volume of consumer sales was around 55 million, was 16.3%.

GDO e Cash & CarryI am the Main channel of distribution From Prosciutto Toscano DOP: Together, they affect80% of the sub-fund’s sales. Ho.re.ca. Small retailers make up the remaining 20%. Within the extensive distribution circuit, the
Cutting seatCollects the 60% of salesFrom Prosciutto Toscano DOP. The drop in the cutting table is partially compensated The growth of the previously cut portion: A trend that actually started several years ago but accelerated in 2020 due to Covid-19.

More precisely, it was produced last year More than 3,149,000 Chinese: The increase compared to 2019, when production reached 2,968,000 Chinese, a rate of 6.1%. This reference has been rewarded by consumers because it is practical, safe, has high service content, and because it speeds up the buying process; The pre-cut segment growth has also benefited from the boom in e-commerce, in the case of widespread distribution.

READ  A fourth radiofrequency geolocation satellite for Unseenlabs

The epidemic has also affectedIssueFrom Prosciutto Toscano DOP: After a positive 2019, 2020 posted a slowdown of 10%. On the total trading volume of the sector, lExport accounts 15%. Geographically, the sales of Prosciutto Toscano PDO are divided as follows: 70% EU region and 30% additional EU region. The main European trading partners are Germany
WhichNorthern European countries. An important destination is United kingdom Whereas, until December 31, 2020, a transitional regime remained in effect: the consortium will carefully monitor the evolution of the situation, with reference to Brexit. As for the region outside the European Union, the countries where Prosciutto Toscano PDO is the most successful are, in order, The United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

This is a comment Fabio Viani, President of the Prosciutto Toscano DOP Consortium:Our sector has He was detained and was able to respond to a very complex situation, even at a macroeconomic level, due to Covid-19. Difficult to make predictions: For 2021, we aim wisely to confirm production levels for 2020 and slightly improve economic performance. In Italy, we trust The progressive healing of ho.re.ca.Starting from the second semester. In the case of exports, The positive signs are coming from North America, With an increase in orders in the United States, where Prosciutto Toscano PDO is being marketed for five years, and in Canada. In fact, the vaccination campaign in these countries is proceeding at a rapid pace».

An important file is a fileOne labelTo be adopted in the countries of the Union from 2022:IImportant Tuscan consortium PDO is Totally contrary to the Nutriscore system– President Viani continues. – In fact, the traffic light sign risks heavy penalties for a natural, high-quality and traditional agricultural food product like ours, providing incomplete and partial information to consumers. On this subject, as a federation, we are in constant dialogue with both of them
Tuscany regionWith either of them Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policy».

READ  Taranto's "SailGP" light metaphor is more environmentally sustainable

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *