attributed to him: The city of La Roche-sur-Yon
That’s too much for La Roche-sur-Yon. The chaos in the public space continues despite the first awareness campaign. After the joke, the city goes to the publisher to directly denounce these malicious acts.
At La Roche-sur-Yon in Vendée, rudeness is still frequent: throwing cigarette butts, dog droppings, throwing garbage, signs…. However, the assembly during the first awareness phase tried to get the message across with the help of humor. The idea was to organize the characters caught in the act.
campaign by numbers
But this was clearly not enough because the second phase of the campaign is currently underway in the city. These are now posters and billboards adorning the streets of La Roche-sur-Yon. On these, bystanders can read key figures intended to raise awareness of the cost of tackling this rudeness or the means already available to avoid it.
Among these numbers:
- The cost of cleaning the cards in 2021, ie 33,270 euros, equivalent to about 10,900 meals in the canteen.
- The period of decomposition after a cigarette is 144 months.
- The volume of waste collected last year, ie 1,597 cubic meters.
- Handy appliances for residents, including 15 waste bag dispensers.
Not to mention the 24 maintenance workers and the green brigade that was established in 2022.
Fines for Violations
The city doesn’t stop there. Perpetrators of such rudeness are subject to a fine that can range from 135 euros to 7,500 euros, depending on the crime.
- 135 euros for throwing out cigarette butts and giving up dog droppings
- €535: Abandoning rubbish on the highway
- 7,500 euros: damage to a public facility or private property.
La Roche-sur-Yon is now waiting for its residents to interact and adopt more respectful habits.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”