New Zealand has postponed until next year any hope of traveling to the country without a quarantine on arrival, in January 2022 For residents of Australia, and April 30 at the earliest For all visitors – subject to vaccination and always with a seven-day isolation. Airlines and tourism Accusing the blow.
So most foreign travelers who are fully vaccinated will have to wait another five months before they can travel to New Zealand after an offer by Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins on November 24, 2021 of a ‘Plan to Reopen Borders’ – a Closed since March 2020. Description Gradual reopening According to this table:
- Step 1 – Opening up to fully vaccinated New Zealand citizens, residence visa holders and other eligible travelers from Australia According to the current settings from 11.59pm local time, January 16 2022 (provided they have been in Australia or New Zealand in the past 14 days)
- Step 2 – is open to fully vaccinated New Zealand citizens, residence visa holders and other eligible travelers under our current border criteria, From all countries except very high risk areas, from 11:59 p.m. local time on Sunday February 13 2022.
- Step 3 – Opening up to foreigners Fully fortified (possibly overlapping by visa category), from April 30 2022
All travelers are not required to go to isolation and quarantine for a fee (friends), in which the number of rooms is still noticeably insufficient, and nevertheless still need to overcome the following obstacles:
- Negative pre-departure test
- Evidence of full vaccination
- Passenger statement on travel date
- Check-up on arrival
- a Commit to self-isolation for seven days, And
- A final negative test “before entering the community”.
« Closing our borders was one of the first steps we took to protect our country from Covid-19, and it will be the last thing we open, after we moved to the precautionary framework system with ‘fire movement’ and reopened Auckland borders. Chris Hepkins said in the statement. ” Some people and companies want us to start opening up before Christmas, which is understandable, but others want us to be more careful. We know it was difficult, but the end of severe travel restrictions is now in sight “, he added.
a gradual approach Reconnecting with the world is for him” The safest approach to ensuring prudent risk management. This minimizes any potential impact on vulnerable communities and the health system in New Zealand Since the start of the health crisis, the country has recorded just over 10,600 cases and just 40 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
Bitter pill for tourism professionals, especially for airlines Air New Zealand which already canceled more than 1,000 flights to and from Australia in December. Following the government’s announcement, other flights were cut off from their schedule, until January 17, 2022.” Une date de reprise des voyages est la certitude qu’attendait Air New Zealand, et même s’il aurait été agréable de réunir des amis et des familles avant Noël, les clients auront désormais la confiance nécessaire la vacaire planners planifier New Year Leanne Geraghty, director of customer and sales at Air New Zealand, tried to be positive in a statement.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”