Heavy rain in New York caused the race to end before the end of the regulatory time and the first place holder, New Zealander Nick Cassidy, won the E-Prix from Brooklyn on Saturday.
The event was presented on TVA Sports and live on TVA Sports.
The Envision driver won the qualifying championship earlier in the day and hasn’t looked back after that. However, it was rain that held the end of the race.
Cassidy, Stoffel Vandoorne (Mercedes), Lucas di Grassi (Venturi), Pascal Wehrlein (Porsche) and Sebastien Buemi (Nissan e-dams) crashed at Turn 6 due to aquaplaning. Thus a red flag was waved, while Robin Frijns (Envision) took the lead.
According to Formula E regulations, if the event cannot be resumed, the results at the end of the lap preceding the suspension of the race account in the final classification. This is how Cassidy was able to climb to the highest rung of the podium, ahead of Di Grassi and Frenz.
In the general classification, the Swiss Edoardo Mortara, the pilot of Venturi, remains dominant with 150 points. He leads Vandoorne and Jean-Eric Vergne (DS Techeetah) by 13 and 22 points, respectively.
Formula E will hold the second round of its event in New York on Sunday.
New York ePrix standings, round 11 out of 16 of the Formula Electric World Championship:
1. Nick Cassidy (NZL/Envision): 29 laps at 35: 04.095
2. Lucas di Grassi (BRA / Venturi) 1.123
3. Robin Frijns (NED / Envision) at 1.671
4. Stoffel Vandoorne (BEL / Mercedes) at 3693
5. Edoardo Mortara (SUI / Venturi) at 4.734
6. Sebastien Buemi (SUI / April) 5,570
7. Pascal Wehrlein (GER / Porsche) 5.783
8. Jake Dennis (GBR / Andretti) at 6.595
9. Sam Bird (GBR / Jaguar) at 7.207
10. Nick de Vries (NED / Mercedes) at 7.503
World Championship Provisional Ranking:
1. Edoardo Mortara (SUI / Venturi) 150 points
2 – Stoffel Vandoorne (Belgium) 137
3 – Jean-Eric Vergne (FRA / DS-Techeetah) 128
4- Mitch Evans (New Zealand / Jaguar) 124
5. Robin Frijns (NED/Envision) 96
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”