Monaco – The first countries, along with Australia, Wales and South Africa, as well as France and England, have already bought tickets for the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals.
Next Saturday’s rugby festival turns into a bitter loss by canceling two matches. The group match between England and France and the match between New Zealand and Italy were canceled due to the massive hurricane. The only match between Ireland and Samoa can be streamed live on ProSieben MAXX and ran.de from 10:45 am. will be done.
Ireland vs. Samoa (Group A)
- Click here for the live broadcast
- Ireland and Samoa meet for the seventh time in a test match and the Irish have won five of their first six pairs (including defeat in 1996). In the World Cup, this is the first confrontation between the two teams.
- Ireland have won ten of their last eleven group stage matches at the Rugby World Cup, but their only defeat in that period was against Japan.
- Samoa has lost its last 10 Rugby World Cup matches against Tier 1 teams – the last win was against Wales in 1999.
- The Irish met Oceania for the first time since their 15:6 victory over Australia at the 2011 Rugby World Cup. The victory eight years ago ended a five-game losing streak against representatives from the region.
- In the last match that was held in Samoa against a European team, the team went without a point for the first time in a World Cup match, at 0:34 against Scotland in the second match of the current championship. It was also Samoa’s biggest defeat to a European competitor.
- Ireland last scored 589 meters against Russia, the third highest selection in World Cup history. Only in 2015 against Canada (732) and in 2011 against Russia (976) it was more.
- In Samoa’s matches in the current competition, with only four attempts before the break (1 for Samoa, 3 for the opponent), no other team has made very few attempts in the first 40 minutes of the 2019 World Cup.
- Ireland’s Rory Best could join Brunan O’Gara, the third Irish record holder, for his 14th match. Only Paul O’Connell and Brian O’Driscoll (17 each) have played more World Cup matches with Ireland.
- Tussi Pisi scored 57 points in World Cup matches, just six points short of being the most famous Samoan player in World Cup history (Cilao Legalisulu is 62). From 2 points (4 points) in the opening match against Russia, his field in the scoreboard remained empty.
- Rob Kearney has 98 World Cup holders and can reach 100 points as the fifth Irish player. And as far as the counter-covering is concerned, he is already No. 1 in his country at the World Cup (706).
Want the hottest football news, videos and data right on your smartphone? Then download the new Run app with push notifications for live events.
there he is App store to download Application for iPad and iPhone.
there he is google-play-store zoom Download Launch the Android smartphone app.
“Reader. Travel maven. Student. Passionate tv junkie. Internet ninja. Twitter advocate. Web nerd. Bacon buff.”