We warned last week that the first Forza Motorsport update would be available soon, and here it is! Following a launch that was heavily criticized by the community, here are the French language patch notes for the improvements available.
Forza Motorsport’s first big update is here
Forza Motorsport update 1.494.4196.0 is here. This is just the first step for Turn10, which will continue to improve the game in the coming weeks and months. Below are details of the improvements, fixes and improvements. Good news, the menu bug that made the game look dull has been fixed, so the game will be nicer for many people who were a bit lost after the graphical tweaks.
stability [Toutes les plateformes]
- General stability improvements with fixes for various crash scenarios.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in Builders Cup Career mode after upgrading a car and entering free practice for the Fox Body Challenge race at Watkins Glen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at Grand Oak Club Circuit during a cutscene during free practice for the third race of the Builders Cup Introduction Series.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when entering a free play race from the My Cars menu if there were too many cars with custom stickers.
- Fixed an issue that could occur when loading a race in Freemode.
progress [Toutes les plateformes]
- Car parts unlock levels have been adjusted to increase the player’s upgrade options for lower level cars. Most car parts should now be unlocked during the individual Builders Cup Series.
- Improvements to ensure Car Affinity manufacturer reward drops unlock as intended – once a player reaches level 50 in a car from the brand.
progress Xbox series
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose progress if they continued playing Forza Motorsport after a new game update was released.
Graphics Xbox series
- Fixed an issue where entering and exiting the in-game video menu would cause black levels to increase dramatically, resulting in a “dull” appearance.
Multiplayer [Toutes les plateformes]
Fixed a vulnerability in Featured Multiplayer where in certain scenarios a player could post impossible lap times in the qualifying leaderboard when entering qualifying directly from a practice session.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect safety ratings and pilot skills were sometimes used in matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the player from regaining control of his car when leaving the pits in multiplayer mode and starting a solo race in free mode.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from downloading and saving another player’s skin when pre-racing in a private multiplayer game.
Body editor [Toutes les plateformes]
- Fixed an issue on the 2016 No. 66 Ford Racing GT Le Mans where moving a decal on the car’s “roof” or “bonnet” in the livery editor would cause the decals to appear mirrored and shifted to the other side of the car.
- Fixed an issue on the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS where the stripe decals were not aligned correctly between the hood, roof and bumper.
- Fixed an issue with applying decals when importing a layer set from a previous Forza game and trying to apply a vinyl skin.
Tracks [Toutes les plateformes]
- The trackside flag textures at Indianapolis Motor Speedway have been updated.
- Fixed an issue at Le Mans circuits where a certain barrier would cause LMP cars to stop as if they were hitting an invisible wall.
physical [Toutes les plateformes]
- Improved wet tire wear rates in moderate track conditions. Wet tires always wear quickly in dry or semi-dry conditions.
Configure settings [Toutes les plateformes]
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from downloading another player’s custom settings when viewing the leaderboard.
Accessibility [Toutes les plateformes]
- Fixed an issue that prevented saving custom keybinds from the controller or keyboard between play sessions.
Accessibility [Steam uniquement]
- Fixed an issue where the text-to-speech window would not appear when text-to-speech or text-to-speech was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the text-to-speech or text-to-speech window would remain on the screen for an indefinite period of time until the game was restarted.
Reboot [Toutes les plateformes]
- Enhanced replay camera images of the final segment of VIR Grand West are on display.
Cars [Toutes les plateformes]
- Fixed an issue on a 1956 Jaguar D-Type where the cockpit view appeared too low and passed through the driver’s neck.
- Fixed an issue in the Alfa Romeo Giuletta Quadrifoglio Verde where the front of the car would disappear after selecting a visual upgrade for the front bumper.
- Fixed an issue where the side skirts of the 2014 Volkswagen Golf R were not visible after installing the body kit.
- Fixed an issue on a 1977 Holden Torana where the Street and Sport Roll Cages were visibly present on the car after the Racing Roll Cage was installed.
- Visible grain has been removed from the racing roll fabric of the 2021 Lexus LC 500.
- Fixed an issue on the 2004 Porsche 911 GT3, 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, 2018 Renault Mégane RS and 2012 MINI John Cooper Works GP where the upper level cages were visible on lower level upgrades.
- Fixed an issue on the 2021 BMW M3 where the RPM displayed on the digital dashboard was out of sync with the RPM displayed on the Forza UI HUD.
- Ambient occlusion errors in the exterior and interior views of the 2016 Cadillac ATS-V have been fixed, and an issue with damage geometry being cut off when viewing the vehicle from a distance has also been fixed.
- Fixed an issue on the 2014 Lamborghini Huracan where no light was displayed from the car’s instrument and dashboard, as well as headlights, taillights and brake lights. We’ve also fixed occlusion errors around this vehicle.
- The mirror texture of the 2018 SUBARU #1 Adrian Flux SUBARU Racing Levorg GT has been updated from a repeating pattern to its intended semi-gloss metallic silver texture.
- Fixed an issue on the 2020 Chevrolet C8 Corvette Stingray where using the Remove Fender upgrade would leave the stock spoiler visible on the car.
- Fixed a strange behavior scenario that occurred for players who own the Forza Motorsport Premium Edition or Premium Add-Ons Bundle on Xbox and Steam and use the same gamertag on both versions where duplicate DLC cars would trigger an error message prompting the player to repurchase the associated DLC.
- Fixed an exploit where duplicate DLC cars purchased in the Showroom could be used on another account or platform where the DLC was not purchased.
“Incurable web evangelist. Hipster-friendly gamer. Award-winning entrepreneur. Falls down a lot.”