Le prince Charles.

British police open investigation into scandal linked to Prince Charles Foundation

Donations to the Prince Charles Foundation would have been rewarded with honorary titles and could have been used to support a naturalization application by a Saudi businessman.

British police announced, Wednesday, February 16, the opening of an investigation into suspicions related to donations to the Prince Charles Foundation, which would have been rewarded with honorary titles and used to support the application for naturalization by a Saudi businessman.

The Metropolitan Police launched an investigation into alleged violations under the Honor (Prevention of Offense) Act of 1925Scotland Yard announced in a press release, specifying that there had been no arrests. Police said they opened an investigation after reviewing a letter received in September 2021.

A number of related documents.

Investigators have been contactedPersons suspected of having relevant information“And in contact with the Prince Foundation, which”Provided a number of related documentsHe revealed last year this affair that littered the heir to the throne. His former servant’s assistant, Michael Fawcett, is suspected of using his influence to help Saudi businessman Mahfouz Merhi Mubarak bin Mahfouz, a generous benefactor to charities linked to the British monarchy, obtain the medal.

see also – United Kingdom: Queen Elizabeth II wants Camilla to become Queen

According to the Sunday Times, Mahfouz Merhi Mubarak bin Mahfouz, 51, was named leader of the British Empire by Prince Charles at a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace in November 2016, an event not made public in the official list of royal speeches. The newspaper stated that taking advantage of this discrimination enabled the Saudi Arabian to obtain British citizenship. Mahfouz Merhi Mubarak bin Mahfouz, who denied any wrongdoing, is said to have donated large sums of money to restoration projects. Michael Fawcett resigned in November 2021.

READ  Who are the "new" Taliban?

The Prince of Wales had no knowledge of the alleged offer of honor or British citizenship on the basis of a donation to his charities“He repeated his services. A spokesperson for the institution said, “It would be inappropriate to comment on the ongoing investigationThe police explained that they opened an investigation after examining a letter received in September 2021. At the same time, the press revealed that the Prince Charles Foundation was to agree to receive several hundred thousand euros from a Russian donor, which led to the opening of an investigation by the independent body that regulates the activity of Charities in Scotland The foundation’s president, Douglas Connell, resigned, while defending himself against any wrongdoing.

An investigation was also opened last November by the English regulator of charities to examine whether the Mahfouz Foundation, affiliated with the wealthy Saudi businessman, had received donations that were intended for Prince Charles. “The investigation will examine whether certain donations received by the Mahfouz Foundation were intended for the Foundation, whether they were used in accordance with the donors’ intent and whether they should be returned.‘, had explained at that time the Charity Commission. She also said:FearsRegarding the governance and financial control of this charitable organization.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.