Auckland City withdraws from Club World Cup due to mandatory quarantine in New Zealand - Holiday - 01/15/2021

Auckland City withdraws from Club World Cup due to mandatory quarantine in New Zealand – Holiday – 01/15/2021

The FIFA Friday announced that Auckland city Inform you that you will not be able to participate in the next version of clubs World Cup Because Coronavirus pandemic And the mandatory quarantine established by the New Zealand authorities.

FIFA said in a statement that in recent days it had been in constant contact with the club New Zealand Football Association And with the Federation of Oceania (OFC) and that “despite the measures put in place by the authorities New Zealand – Isolation and quarantine – overcome FIFA’s conditions in this regard, so it was impossible to find a satisfactory solution. “

The FIFA Club World Cup 2020 will be held from 1 to 11 February in Qatar, and after Auckland City withdraw, the tournament will not have a first round, so Al Duhail will make its debut in the second round.

Regardless of this modification, the format of the competition remains unchanged, said FIFA, which will hold the duo’s draw on January 19 in Zurich.

He will participate with Qatari club Al-Duhail, Al-Ahly, Bayern Munich (UEFA), Ulsan Hyundai (AFC), Mexican Tigress Onel (CONCACAF) and CONMEBOL Libertadores champion. The final will be held on January 30th between the Brazilians, Palmeiras and Santos.

FIFA announced that, “in cooperation with the Qatari authorities, it will implement a comprehensive plan.” Health and Safety Protocol Which guarantees the preservation of the health and safety of every person participating in this tournament. “

READ  How Hamad Saeed Raghash Went from Humble beginnings to a leading Expert of UAE Heritage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *